- Co-Organizer,with Julia Laite and Philippa Hetherington “Trafficking, Smuggling, and Illicit Migration in Historical Perspective,” University of London, Birkbeck, UK,June 18 – Jun 20, 2015.
- Co-Organizer, “American Studies in Transatlantic Perspective: Critical Regionalism in Politics and Culture,” Center for the Study of the Southwest at Texas State University and the Bavarian American Academy in Munich–6th International Summer Academy, San Marcos, TX, May 31 – Jun 10, 2014.
- Participant, “The Supreme Court in the Age of Holmes and Brandeis,” Institute for Constitutional Studies Interdisciplinary Workshop, New York Historical Society, New York, NY, Spring 2013
- Member, Working Group on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking, Carr Center for Human Rights Policy, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Research on Women and Gender
- Member, Symposium Committee: “Occupy Free Speech: Getting Women’s Voices Heard,” Women And Gender Research Collaborative, Texas State University - San Marcos, 2011 – 2012
Fellowships, Grants, and Awards
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery, The Gilder Lehman Center for the Study of Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition, Yale University, 2012 – 2013
- Research Enhancement Program Grant, Texas State University - San Marcos, 2011
- Presidential Fellowship, The Ohio State University, 2009 – 2010
- P.E.O. Scholar Award from the International Chapter of the P.E.O. Sisterhood, 2008 – 2009
- College of Humanities Summer Research Award, Department of History, The Ohio State University, 2008
- Supplemental Research Grant (for the Gender and Emancipation Project), Office of the Executive Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, The Ohio State University, 2008
- College of Humanities Graduate Research Small Grant, The Ohio State University, 2008
- Clarke Chambers Travel Fellowship, Social Welfare History Archives, University of Minnesota, 2008
- Coca-Cola Critical Difference for Women Grant for Research on Women, Gender, and Gender Equity, Department of Women’s Studies, The Ohio State University, 2007
- Genevieve Brown Gist Dissertation Research Award in Women’s History, Department of History, The Ohio State University, 2007